Welcome to the ARNU Box Forum

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Greetings all! We have now released Pure Linux 4.0.6 which is Kodi 17.5 and now has Emulationstation. It is currently for 64bit devices (Mach 10 64bit, Mach 10 64bit V2, Novem)

2. Greetings all! We have now released a 32Bit Pure Linux 4.0.7 which is Kodi 17.6 It is currently for 32Bit devices Mach 10 & Mach 8
  3. Please do not discuss, post or link about 3rd party add-ons / applications. If we see a post that violates this, we will warn you and delete your post. Thank you
  4. If you are having issues and technical problems relating to ARNU Box products (not 3rd party applications) and are not being answered on the forum, please email us sales@arnubox.com . Thank you!

Repeated rebooting

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Crustyswede, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Crustyswede

Crustyswede New Member

Starting today, February 25, 2018, my Mach 10 will reboot without notice and then do it again sometimes within two minutes. It did this twice today approximately 6 hours apart.
    Has anyone also been experiencing this problem?
  2. AccordXTC

AccordXTC Administrator Staff Member

Hello Crustyswede

What model of Mach 10 do you have and is it Android or Pure Linux and what are you doing on the unit when this happens ?
  3. Crustyswede

Crustyswede New Member

64 pure linux. It hasn’t happened at all today so it was probably weird up@#tes and just rebooting because of them.
    Some day soon I think a complete redo is needed. BUT! I have to say that this unit is absolutely awesome and it works terrific. It however will not play backed up mp4 videos. Don’t know why so I just plug them into tv and it works.
    How does the android version work because I may buy another or should I stick to this same unit because I don’t need any extras on it?
  4. AccordXTC

Hello Crustyswede

The Pure Linux is the best IMO because of the OTA system they have setup. I personally just care about Kodi and not so much the Android and apps. But everyone has there own preferences.

I can say that with the updates they've done to the Novem it's right on par with preformace of the Mach 10 v2
  5. Crustyswede

Crustyswede New Member

Thanks for your support. I forgot to reply back to you in March. It is now August and I fixed the problem of mp4 files not working. The problem after that was the box goes through periods when it would unexpectedly reboot up to 7 time throughout the day then be good for days. I was running kodi 17.3 for quite awhile only because a system error kept me out of arnu settings and I could not update. Most of the time it was working well so I left it till it got too annoying, which resulted in July so I did a reset of box by using the paper clip in back of unit and reinstalled it with kodi 17.6 and it was great again. Now it started to do reboots periodically again. I was wonder if I could have the wrong settings set on in display or audio that can cause this? Thanks for you help all the time.
  6. AccordXTC

Hello Crustyswede

To properly troubleshoot you would need to confirm your on the latest firmware which is 4.0.7 for Pure Linux. You would then make sure the unit has been factory reset and test from there.

The most common problem I've seen is customers will install some sort of a build or add-on that will cause these issues and thus have the customer thinking it's ARNU Box that is the issue but it be because of something that's been installed.

If you can confirm the unit is up to date and then nothing installed we can troubleshoot from there.
  7. Crustyswede

Crustyswede New Member

I believe you’re probably right about the addon causing problem. I didn’t think it was the box for the most part but thought I’d ask just in case. Everything is up to date so I’d have to say it was a recent addon install. But it’s been good since I posted the query.
    Thanks for you help and keep up the good work.
  8. AccordXTC

Hello Crustyswede

Your welcome, always here to help.