Welcome to the ARNU Box Forum

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

1. Greetings all! We have now released Pure Linux 4.0.6 which is Kodi 17.5 and now has Emulationstation. It is currently for 64bit devices (Mach 10 64bit, Mach 10 64bit V2, Novem)

2. Greetings all! We have now released a 32Bit Pure Linux 4.0.7 which is Kodi 17.6 It is currently for 32Bit devices Mach 10 & Mach 8
  3. Please do not discuss, post or link about 3rd party add-ons / applications. If we see a post that violates this, we will warn you and delete your post. Thank you
  4. If you are having issues and technical problems relating to ARNU Box products (not 3rd party applications) and are not being answered on the forum, please email us sales@arnubox.com . Thank you!

2 recent updates on Arnu box Mach 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Pete780, Jun 11, 2016.

1. Pete780

Pete780 New Member

I have recently updated my mach 10, first update was embER 4.0, 2nd update was embER 4.0.1. there's no mention on the forms about these recent updates? was just curious as to why nothing was mentioned here?
  2. Pete780

Pete780 New Member

sorry, forgot to mention in previous post that i have the pure linux mach 10
  3. Pete780

Pete780 New Member

wow, this forum is so DEAD..... yawn
  4. AccordXTC

AccordXTC Administrator Staff Member

Hello Pete780

Not dead more so the weekend. The update to 3.4.1 was for the Mach 8 for the blue light staying on and since the firmware is the same between Mach 8 and 10 this was a push to all units with the OTA system.
  5. Pete780

Pete780 New Member

my blue light is still on...
  6. AccordXTC

Hello Pete780

So is mine but then again we both have Mach 10 units and the blue light will always be on its small and isn't an issue.

The update was for the Mach 8 and it's big large blue light. I stated because the Mach 8 and 10 share the same hardware the update was pushed to both units.
  7. Pete780

Pete780 New Member

I agree, it's not an issue
  8. Paulo Correia

Paulo Correia Member

The blue light always being on is my new night light in my bedroom, I wish it would turn off but it ain't the end of the world. I tried an Android box for the first time, from another manufacturer. It has the latest octocore processor and GPU. My Mach 8 Pure Linux more stable and faster, especially since the latest firmware update. If I never experienced pure Linux I would have kept it, but selling it and waiting anxiously for the new 64bit S905 Mach 10 Pure Linux. I would pre order now if I could. This will be my toy for my living room.
    Can I still order directly from Arnubox, or do I now have to go through Theatre in a Box? (live overseas)

3.4.1 fixes the light issue, thank you.
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2016
  9. sammyb

sammyb Member

So is the blue light issue fixed
  10. AccordXTC

Agreed the Mach 8 is a large blue triangle that lights up blue when on.
    Please read previous posts regard this, yes this was fixed with update 3.4.1 for Pure Linux

Thanks
  11. AccordXTC

12. AccordXTC

Hello Paulo Correia

I have in the past for an area I didn't want the blue light to be seen just covered it up with black electrical tape and fixes that issue quick. As for the Mach 10 64bit Pure Linux its sooooo close to being released I can tell you that. The coders have been working around the clock to get everything just right and can say its a real beast for speed running Pure Linux.

The biggest thing I'm most excited about is the gigabit wired network connection:)
    Paulo Correia likes this.
  13. sammyb

sammyb Member

Would it be possible to increase to 3 gigs of ram as well
  14. AccordXTC

Hello sammyb

Wouldn't be any point at this time as the unit even with 2GB doesn't max out. These are just like a PC you could install 64GB of ram but unless your using a program or task that utilizes that amount its a item that will up the cost of the unit with no benefit.
  15. RICHPOOLE

RICHPOOLE Member

As people are asking for possible additions to new products,could i ask if there is any likelihood that the options for the sound output from your devices will be improved in the near future ? It seems strange to me that we are able to play the latest 4k video (if there are actually any 4k videos to watch) but the sound output is still miles behind,limited to DD 5.1 Surround that was on d.v.d's 20 years ago. I'd put money on there being more people with Amplifiers that can output higher audio codecs than people who have 4k tv's.
  16. AccordXTC

Hello RICHPOOLE

This can be added to the list as well to look into for the future of improvements. Thanks
  17. RICHPOOLE

RICHPOOLE Member

That would be great - i was watching a blu ray rip the other day on my Mach 10 and i was very surprised at just how good it looked (and i'm fussy),if the sound could match then it would make the Arnu boxes unbeatable and tremendous value (if they aren't already).